Thanks to the great folks over at Rawmazing for this great recipe idea!!
• 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
• 1/2 cup filtered water
• 2 probiotic capsules (use the probiotic powder, discard the capsules)
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 teaspoons thyme (other spices of your choice may be added also)
• 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
• couple grinds cracked pepper
• 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds, divided
• 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1. Combine soaked cashews, water and probiotic capsules in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth
2. Line a strainer with cheesecloth, spoon cashew mixture into the cheesecloth, cover and let sit out overnight.
3. Put cashew mixture into bowl. Stir in yeast, thyme, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup of the dried cranberries and 1/2 of the pumpkin seeds.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator for one day to set up.
5. Chop remaining 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup dried cranberries and pecans. Mix together.
6. Shape “cheese” into a log and roll in pecan mixture.
You can refrigerate this for a few days in advance or freeze it for up to a month.
“Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!”