These protein balls would be a great addition to sports activities, kids breakfast ~~ anytime you require additional protein or just something yummy and healthier to eat.
- 2 scoops of Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Vega Vanilla)
- 8 dates that have been softens in water, drained and pit removed
- 2 tsp cacao powder (since I used vanilla protein powder I also added 2 tsp of carob powder)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (or more cashews)
- 2-4 tsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
“Optional”~~ for rolling rounds in: unsweetened coconut flakes and or Cacao Nibs ~~ use one or the other, or mix them together, as I did.
- Chop cashews and walnuts in food processor.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (omitting “Optional”) in the food processor or blender. Mix well
- If the mixtures seems too dry to hold together, slowly drizzle melted coconut oil into the mixture. It should not take but a drizzle.
- Roll into “rounds” (aka balls)
- Roll each round into the “Optional” ingredients ~~ or omit.
- Refrigerate when complete